Acting Public Speaking
Bora “Max” Koknar, Co-Artistic Director, can work with you and help you improve your skills in public speaking and business presentations, audition prep (professional, community, college), character movement and physicality, mime, physical comedy, stage combat, improvisation and dialect work. He can also partner with actors of any level over the long term with regular sessions to develop self-awareness of their strengths and weaknesses and work together on improving your overall craft in a supportive and stimulating environment.
Max can also provide consultation on things like play writing and script development, self-producing, marketing, personal branding, audience experience design (site specific/immersive/interactive plays and other live events).
Where appropriate and more convenient for the client, it may be possible to arrange an online class via skype or similar service.
Pricing is on a sliding scale depending on what you want to work on and ability to pay, from $50 – $150 an hour. Email Max with a little about yourself and what you’re looking for to get a specific quote.
- Actor, Consultant with First Person Travel on NYT Featured Headlands Gamble
- Lead Actor, Writer, Co-Director, Co-Artistic Director on SFWeekly Featured Ancien Regime
- Story and Audience Experience Designer on a collaboration with Finnish government (The Decameron Project 2017) at the old Outokumpu mine.
- Consultant/Guest Lecturer/Teaching Artist/Coach in collaboration with U.C. Berkeley (Berkeley, CA), Adventure Design Group (San Francisco, CA), The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH), Willow Glen Elementary Tiger Theatre (San Jose, CA), Daniel Wright Elementary (Dublin, OH), Theatre of All Possibilities (Various Bay Area, CA), California Theatre Center (Various, CA, NV, WA, OR), Northside Theatre (San Jose, CA), Crowded Fire (San Francisco, CA), Triangle Lab (Bay Area, CA) and the Arena Stage (Washington DC)
- Have performed in front of nearly 500,000 people over the course of my career.
- Past collaborators and teachers include movement coaches who’ve worked for the Blue Man Group and Marvel’s Thor, students and collaborators of Marcel Marceau, Obie Award Winners, and Cirque du Soleil clowns.