Since 2016 Dragon Productions Theatre Company has hosted the Monday Night Play Space. Two Mondays a month (when we can) Dragon Productions Theatre Company opens its doors to local artists to use the space for anything, including staged readings of new plays, local film screenings, poetry slams, stand up comedy, improv demos, books readings, and anything else that the Bay Area artistic community comes up with! You need to workshop a new script in front of an audience? This is your opportunity! As a performer, there's no cost to you but we do need to get some details and book you into a time slot. Our goal is to provide local artists a venue to safely test run a new work or performance set and connect with some new fans while allowing our community a low cost way to experience new art.
Please be aware of the following:
- You are responsible for casting your show/reading.
- Please note that this is NOT an opportunity to fully produce a new play or musical with a set. There may be a Dragon set already on the stage so we'll be closing the mid-stage curtain to give you the front of the stage as a performance space. This is really intended to workshop a new play with scripts in hand or a new improv set or whatever. Workshop and low tech are the keys here.
- You can enter the building at 6p on the night of your performance for set up and a quick walkthru of the performance. We unfortunately cannot accommodate other rehearsal time.
- We will provide a technician to run lights/sound during the show and to help you get set up for the evening. We will also provide front of house staff to sell tickets and concessions for the show. This event is pay what you will in cash at the door and routinely has pretty solid crowds. Obviously we sell better when you also push the event out to your network of friends and fans.
- The doors open for the audience at 7p and the show starts at 7:30p on a Monday night so make sure that your work schedule and traffic accommodate this. The Dragon Theatre is located in downtown Redwood City.
- For some Frequently Asked Questions please refer to https://www.dragonproductions.net/45-shows/249-mnps-frequently-asked-questions.html
- Check https://www.dragonproductions.net/box-office/mondaynight.html#performer for available dates in 2018.
- To apply for a performance slot go here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXkE3mK5rixgtuMyMl1jN9r9CvrWuN7nkqKiPxEybsIg7Jkw/viewform
Questions? Email Alika at alika (at) dragonproductions.net
Are you a stand-up comic, clown, acrobat, burlesque performer, musician, poet, mc, storyteller, dancer, or a performing artist of another discipline?
Dragon Productions Theatre Company is seeking new acts and performances of 60-90 minutes to add to our Late Night Series!
Since the summer of 2017, Dragon Theatre has been keeping its doors open late on Friday nights once a month to showcase up and coming talented local performers from around the bay.
We provide you with space and staffing to host a successful night of your performance. When all is said and done, we pay out a majority of box office receipts to you after our fixed staffing costs are covered.
Admission for these shows is $15 in advance or $20 at the door and each ticket includes one beverage. Shows start at either 9:30 or 10:30pm.
All shows are aged 21+.
Contact Bora “Max” Koknar about available dates to book your act or to get more information at max (at) dragonproductions.net .
- Title & Discipline of your act
- Description of your act
- Approximate length of your act
- Links to media you have available to share as a sample of your work (Please include any relevant contextual information)
- Minimum technical needs of your act
- Any other logistical needs/considerations for your act.
Headshots and résumés can be mailed year round via US Postal Mail to:
Dragon Productions Theatre Company
2120 Broadway St.
Redwood City, CA 94063
or emailed to the Company Manager, Alika, at alika (at) dragonproductions.net.
Dragon Theatre Technical and Creative Staff Opportunities
We are currently seeking properties, sound designers, costume designers, scenic designers, lighting designers, stage managers, and assistant stage managers for the 2018 season. Potential on-the-job training for some positions available. Interested in Stage Managing, but have never tried? You can start as an Assistant Stage Manager and learn the trade. Please send a letter of intent and resume to Production Manager, Ashley Taylor Frampton at taylor (at) dragonproductions.net. There is a stipend for all production staff positions.