Submit your short play to be considered for Dragon Eggs!
Dragon’s Nest presents Dragon Eggs, a Short Play Incubator where new or emerging artists can hone their craft, make connections, and rely on the support of the professionals at Dragon Theatre. Dragon Eggs’ overall mission is to provide a safe space for under-represented voices to share and develop their stories. This process is about supporting the Playwrights’ development, as well as creating artistic work opportunities for our diverse community of artists and inviting the community to participate with feedback. Two (2) to three (3) plays will be selected and featured each month and should contain subject matter centered around the interaction of characters from different
cultural, ethnic, and/or socio-economic histories.
What to expect if your play is selected:
- A “staged” reading of your play on the 3rd Sunday of the month (we’ll assign a director and
actors from the local community to participate)
- Opportunities to sit in on the rehearsal process
- A facilitated feedback session for the playwright after the reading with audience and theatre
Play submission guidelines:
- There is no entry fee.
- Running time: 5 – 10 minutes
- Plays should have a minimum of two (2) characters and a maximum of four (4) characters
- Playwrights may submit up to three (3) entries
- Only .pdf format will be accepted.
- Plays should contain subject matter centered around the interaction of characters from different
cultural, ethnic, and/or socio-economic histories
- All genres are encouraged including comedies, musicals, and dramas. The plays will be featured
as “script in hand” on line performances (any lyrics will be spoken, not sung).
- Plays should not have had a previous production or have been published for commercial
distribution. Staged readings are okay.
- If a play is not written in English, the playwright should be prepared to offer linguist support and
resources including actors for reading.
- The title page must contain the title of the play, author’s name, and email address.
- Please put page numbers and title of play on each page of the submitted script.
- Scripts should be properly formatted, using this format.
- Playwrights will receive a base payment of $50 and a revenue sharing opportunity for each
If you have any questions please reach out to Dragon’s Production Manager, Rachel Nin:
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021