Call for new Short Plays! 2020 Redwood City Play Festival
Application Deadline: May 31, 2020
Festival: June 15-21, 2020
New Play “Zoom” Table-Readings: Jun 17-18, 2020
Redwood City Play Festival’s CO-EXIST is going digital for 2020! Co-produced by Dragon Productions Theatre and Fuse Theatre, our online festival will include readings of new short plays from local playwrights. We are seeking original play submissions for our Remarkable Mysteries: stories of cross-cultural confluence in strange and perplexing circumstances. Peet Cocke, slated to direct No Such Cold Thing, will be the project’s organizer.
- There is no entry fee.
- Plays should be 5 – 20 minutes running time.
- Plays should have a maximum of 5 characters, and up to 6 plays will be selected.
- Playwrights may submit up to three (3) entries, and only .pdf format will be accepted.
- Plays should contain subject matter centered around characters from different cultural, ethnic, and/or socio-economic histories thrust together into inexplicable, bizarre, and mysteriouscircumstances or situations. (contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.)
- All genres are encouraged including comedies, musicals, and dramas. The plays will be”performed” as table readings, any lyrics will be spoken, not sung.
- Plays should not have had a previous production or have been published for commercialdistribution. Staged readings are okay.
- If play is not written in English, playwright should be prepared to offer linguist support and resources including actors for reading.
- The title page should contain the title of the play, author’s name, and email.
- Please put page numbers and title of play on each page of the submitted script.
- Scripts should be properly formatted, using this format.
- If you have actors, or stage managers who can assist by reading stage directions, please include their names in the form.
Submit your play for consideration here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNGcyThLoiX8q-UX9qSZFL6PBIdPHeE3Dhbw0Q96jDohIqRQ/viewform
Headshots and résumés can be mailed year round via US Postal Mail to:
Dragon Productions Theatre Company
2120 Broadway St.
Redwood City, CA 94063
or emailed to the company at info (at) dragonproductions.net
Technical and Creative Staff
Dragon Theatre Technical and Creative Staff Opportunities
We are currently seeking properties, sound designers, costume designers, scenic designers, lighting designers, stage managers, and assistant stage managers for the 2020 season. We’re also always looking for overhire technicians to run the lights and sound in the booth for rentals and smaller events. Potential on-the-job training for some positions available. Interested in Stage Managing, but have never tried? You can start as an Assistant Stage Manager and learn the trade. Please send a letter of intent and resume to info (at) dragonproductions.net. There is a stipend for all production staff positions.