Adult Classes and Workshops
Classes and Workshops
Improvisation seminars are routinely used as training for tech companies. The San Francisco Chronicle had a great piece as to why that's worth a read.
Improv For Anyone!
Workshop leader: Corinne Kason
Physically Present Performance
Workshop leader: Bora "Max" Koknar
Monday, October 8 - Monday, October 29 from 6-8p
Take your performance skills to the next level by tuning into your body as your primary instrument in performance. Through a survey of theatre disciplines and traditions including, mime, clowning, mask-work, stage combat and improv, the instructor, Bora "Max" Koknar, will share some tools which will help you stay more relaxed and in the moment while performing and make more specific choices about the stories you are telling through your body. The class is a deep dive into acting skills but previous experience is no means required.
Ever thought “I’ve got a great idea, let’s put on a show?" Dragon Productions Theatre Company is hosting a “How To Train Your Dragon” workshop to artists who are interested in self-producing. This is a free event hosted by Dragon’s Executive Artistic Director and Founder Meredith Hagedorn and Karen Altree Piemme, the Dragon’s 2nd Stages Series Associate Producer and Director of the Red Ladder Theatre Company.
The workshop is open to anyone who wants to know more about what it takes to self-produce an artistic event, and artists who attend the workshop are given extra consideration when applying for the 2019 2nd Stages Series.
Fall events pending
The workshop is at the Dragon Theatre (2120 Broadway Street in downtown Redwood City) in the upstairs classroom. Please note that this room is accessible only by stairs. To sign up for a workshop, please select your preferred date here.
This workshop is free of charge!
Max can also provide consultation on things like play writing and script development, self-producing, marketing, personal branding, audience experience design (site specific/immersive/interactive plays and other live events).
Where appropriate and more convenient for the client, it may be possible to arrange an online class via skype or similar service.
Pricing is on a sliding scale depending on what you want to work on and ability to pay, from $50 - $150 an hour. Contact Max at max (at) dragonproductions.net with a little about yourself and what you're looking for to get a specific quote.
- Actor, Consultant with First Person Travel on NYT Featured Headlands Gamble
- Lead Actor, Writer, Co-Director, Co-Artistic Director on SFWeekly Featured Ancien Regime
- Story and Audience Experience Designer on a collaboration with Finnish government (The Decameron Project 2017) at the old Outokumpu mine.
- Consultant/Guest Lecturer/Teaching Artist/Coach in collaboration with U.C. Berkeley (Berkeley, CA), Adventure Design Group (San Francisco, CA), The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH), Willow Glen Elementary Tiger Theatre (San Jose, CA), Daniel Wright Elementary (Dublin, OH), Theatre of All Possibilities (Various Bay Area, CA), California Theatre Center (Various, CA, NV, WA, OR), Northside Theatre (San Jose, CA), Crowded Fire (San Francisco, CA), Triangle Lab (Bay Area, CA) and the Arena Stage (Washington DC)
- Have performed in front of nearly 500,000 people over the course of my career.
- Past collaborators and teachers include movement coaches who’ve worked for the Blue Man Group and Marvel’s Thor, students and collaborators of Marcel Marceau, Obie Award Winners, and Cirque du Soleil clowns.