Adult Classes and Workshops
Classes and Workshops
How to Train Your Dragon Workshops
Free Workshop On Self-Producing
Ever thought "I've got a great idea, let's put on a show?" Dragon Productions Theatre Company is hosting a "How To Train Your Dragon" workshop to artists who are interested in self-producing. This is a free event hosted by Dragon's Co-Artistic Directors Bora "Max" Koknar and Alika Spencer-Koknar.
The workshop is open to anyone who wants to know more about what it takes to self-produce an artistic event, and artists who attend a workshop are given extra consideration when applying for the 2020 2nd Stages Series.
Please pick one of the following dates below. They are the same workshop so you only need to attend one date.
This free workshop is being presented at the Dragon Theatre (2120 Broadway Street in downtown Redwood City) in the upstairs classroom. If stairs are an issue and you'd like to attend, please let us know at email@example.com.
Improvisation seminars are routinely used as training for tech companies. The San Francisco Chronicle had a great piece as to why that's worth a read.
Improv For Anyone! SUMMER Session
Workshop leader: Corinne Kason
See private coaching below.
Max can also provide consultation on things like play writing and script development, self-producing, marketing, personal branding, audience experience design (site specific/immersive/interactive plays and other live events).
Where appropriate and more convenient for the client, it may be possible to arrange an online class via skype or similar service.
Pricing is on a sliding scale depending on what you want to work on and ability to pay, from $50 - $150 an hour. Contact Max at max (at) dragonproductions.net with a little about yourself and what you're looking for to get a specific quote.
- Actor, Consultant with First Person Travel on NYT Featured Headlands Gamble
- Lead Actor, Writer, Co-Director, Co-Artistic Director on SFWeekly Featured Ancien Regime
- Story and Audience Experience Designer on a collaboration with Finnish government (The Decameron Project 2017) at the old Outokumpu mine.
- Consultant/Guest Lecturer/Teaching Artist/Coach in collaboration with U.C. Berkeley (Berkeley, CA), Adventure Design Group (San Francisco, CA), The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH), Willow Glen Elementary Tiger Theatre (San Jose, CA), Daniel Wright Elementary (Dublin, OH), Theatre of All Possibilities (Various Bay Area, CA), California Theatre Center (Various, CA, NV, WA, OR), Northside Theatre (San Jose, CA), Crowded Fire (San Francisco, CA), Triangle Lab (Bay Area, CA) and the Arena Stage (Washington DC)
- Have performed in front of nearly 500,000 people over the course of my career.
- Past collaborators and teachers include movement coaches who’ve worked for the Blue Man Group and Marvel’s Thor, students and collaborators of Marcel Marceau, Obie Award Winners, and Cirque du Soleil clowns.